Each Park Host position varies according to the park location, number of park patrons and other park hosts through out the given year. The best way to completely understand all Park Host duties that are expected in any given hosting position is to speak with our Park Host Coordinator.
1. Expected to live in the campground/park
2. Work a minimum of 2 months (longer durations are negotiable)
3. Receive orientation, training, uniforms and recognition
4. Receive job description and work schedule
5. Are to understand and explain park rules to park patrons, but DO NOT ENFORCE, this is an advisory role only
6. Are expected to abide by park rules and regulations
7. Have a sign identifying them as a Park Host
Job Duties (General Description)
* Computerized reservations and registration
* Sell Firewood
* Clean Restrooms/Showers
Greet visitors and make them feel welcome
Serve as a contact point for all park patrons
Pick up litter
Keep restrooms stocked with paper products
Maintain a tidy host site
Notify Park Staff or Law Enforcement when emergencies arise or activities within the park warrant them
Mow, weed, landscape, etc...
Other duties/projects mutually agreed upon with the Park Staff
* Signifies Paid Park Host Duties and Winter Park Host Duties
For more information regarding the Tillamook County Parks Department Park Host Program please contact JoAnn Woelfle at (503) 322-8443
This Page was last updated,
Wednesday, January 30, 2013.